4-5 Button mushrooms
A fresh fish head
A handful of shallot and garlic slices
Condiments: Salt, cooking wine, peanut oil and pepper powder
1. Rinse the fish head off, cut in half and set aside.
2. Rinse Button mushrooms off and then slice up.
3. In a wok, add oil, when hot, drop in Button mushroom slices and stir till soft, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt, remove from the wok.
4. In a wok, add oil, slowly add the fish head and fry till both sides are golden, then combine with garlic slices, a spoonful of cooking wine and bowls of water, bringing into a boil.
5. Let fried Button mushroom slices join in, lower the heat to medium status and stew till the soup is cream-colored. Finally season with a pinch of salt and pepper powder. If desired, scatter with a handful of shallot. Enjoy.